About the Author
|Sam Goldstein, Ph.D. is on the faculty of the University of Utah and has co-authored other books in the Seven Steps Series: Seven Steps to Improve Your Child's Social Skills and Seven Steps to Help Your Child Worry Less.
Sydney S. Zentall, Ph.D. is a Professor of Special Education and Psychological Sciences at Purdue University. Her training includes the areas of learning disabilities and behavior disorders and she has taught children in general and special education. Dr. Zentall has published numerous scientific articles and chapters in psychology and education and is past president of the Division for Research of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). She has discussed ADD on national television, and in 1995 she was inducted into the ADD Hall of Fame by Children and Adults wih Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD).
Learn the seven steps to achieving homework success in your home.
- Understand the importance of homework in your child’s education.
- Help your child learn seven important homework skills.
- Develop a homework alliance with your child to complete homework.
- Understand the 11 common homework problems and how to solve them.
- Build a Learning Station where your child can complete homework.
- Develop effective strategies to improve home school communication.
- Help teachers understand your child’s homework needs.
Introduction : Seven Step to Homework Success
Step1: Understanding the Importance of Homework in Your Child’s Education
Step2: Your Child’s Homework Skills
Step3: Developing a Homework Alliance with Your Child
Step4: 11 Common Homework Problems and How to Solve Them
Step5: Building the Learning Station
Step6: Effective Home School Communication
Step7: What Parents Should Know about Homework Assignments
Conclusion: Homework Success in Your Home and on Elm Street
A Brief Teacher’s Guide to Homework